Welcome to 302, Beat Reporting
Please copy this and then answer each question in the comment section. Make sure you (1) put your name at the top and (2) that you pay attention to spelling and grammar. After all, this is a journalism class. Don’t push the button until you flawlessly edit what you’ve written. You don’t want to embarrass yourself with sloppy writing.
Finally, if there’s something relevant about yourself that you want to add that I didn’t ask, please do so.
- Name. Year in school.
- Where are you from?
- Why did you come to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln?
- What is your major?
- Career Goals?
- Why are you taking this course (besides the fact it is required)? What do you hope to get out of it?
- Outside interests, hobbies, avocations, things you are passionate about?
- As a reporter if you could cover any beat possible, what would it be?
- Tell me one interesting or surprising thing about you – something that makes you unique.
- Are you the first person in your family to attend a university?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being top-notch, how would you rate your writing skills?
- What books are you reading or have read in the past three months?
- What magazines, newspapers and news Web sites do you read regularly?
- What is your favorite Web site?
- Do you blog?
- Do you have any media/communication experience? If so, what?
- Are you pursuing a media related internship or job at this time?